The Top 5 Roof Ice Melt Systems on the Market: Which One is Right for You?July 2, 2022
As winter approaches, one of the biggest concerns for homeowners is the potential of ice dams forming on their roofs. Ice dams form when snow on a roof melts, runs down the roof and then refreezes at the edge of the roof. If left untreated, ice dams can cause significant damage to a home and could even cause injuries to those passing by. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable roof ice melt system in place.
Here are the top five roof ice melt systems on the market:
1. Roof ice melt systems GutterMelt GX Edge Cable: The GutterMelt GX Edge Cable is a self-regulating, energy-efficient roof ice melt system that is designed to be installed on the exterior of a home or business. It comes with a weatherproof control box, and it can be installed in gutters, downspouts and on the roof itself. The GutterMelt GX Edge Cable is simple to install and can protect a home from dangerous ice dams all winter long.
2. RoofHeat Ice Melt System: The RoofHeat Ice Melt System is a high-performance roof deicing system that uses advanced heating technology to melt away snow and ice. It can be installed in any type of roof, including metal, shingle and slate roofs. The RoofHeat Ice Melt System features a digital thermostat that can be set to automatically turn the system on and off, ensuring maximum efficiency and energy savings.
3. SunTouch ProMelt Snow Melting System: The SunTouch ProMelt Snow Melting System is a state-of-the-art roof ice melt system that is perfect for colder climates that experience heavy snow and ice. This system can be installed on any type of surface, including concrete, asphalt, pavers and even roofs. It comes equipped with a weather-resistant control panel and a digital thermostat that can be programmed to turn the system on and off as needed.
4. WarmlyYours Snow Melting System: The WarmlyYours Snow Melting System is a versatile and affordable roof ice melt solution that is easy to install and maintain. It can be used on any type of roof, from residential to commercial, and it comes with a variety of control options to fit your specific needs. The WarmlyYours Snow Melting System uses radiant heat technology to melt ice and snow, and it can be powered by either electricity or hot water.
5. Heatsnow Gutter Heating Cable: The Heatsnow Gutter Heating Cable is a cost-effective roof ice melt system that is specifically designed for use in gutters and downspouts. It features self-regulating technology that adjusts the power output based on the outdoor temperature, ensuring efficient and effective performance all winter long. The Heatsnow Gutter Heating Cable is easy to install and requires no maintenance once it is up and running.
Choosing the Right Roof Ice Melt System for You
Choosing the right roof ice melt system for your home or business depends on a variety of factors, including your budget, the type of roof you have, and the climate in your area. It’s also important to consider the installation process and ongoing maintenance requirements for each system.
If you’re not sure which roof ice melt system is right for you, it’s best to consult with an experienced professional who can help you make an informed decision. A professional can assess your unique needs and recommend a system that will provide the best possible protection for your home or business this winter.
Regardless of which system you choose, investing in a reliable roof ice melt system is essential for protecting your property and ensuring the safety of those passing by. With the right system in place, you can rest easy knowing that you’re prepared for whatever winter weather may come your way.